Monday, February 28, 2011

More Of The Same - But Different

I have been nightmaring again. I have very vivid dreams, sometimes I wake up with the emotion of it all still fresh in my throat and heart; fear, sorrow. One of my nightmares I've actually turned into a novel. In time, I will post excerpts from it. But for now, here is a nightmare I've turned into a poem:

Outer Being / Inner Conflict
When shadows and darkness fall
            we see them holding in their laughter and blackest evil
            we sit in corners full of fear
            listening to the deafening silence in the room we two occupy
                        Dowsed in moonlight are the wooden floors
                                      moonlight taking shapes of windows. . .      vortex
All lightless lays the rest of this home
                                    I see you though
                                    you’re crouched down
                                    the only article besides me in this emptiness
and you grin. . .
holding in
the evil and the sin

            We wish you’d let go and release your rage
            you can torture us forever but soon it wears thin my friend.
I see no hair
I see no eyes
I see no part of you but I smell your amusement
                                    and I taste your form
I feel your intentions in the nightfall
            hearing all the talk of the wooden boards

This is no hunt for we know each other’s position in this place
this is no dream, I am here you are there, my heart is beating steadily
                                                            I know I bleed
Speak! Speak demon
                                    these words I can not whisper
                                    this pain. . .    
I can not speak

                                                                        be with me my soul
                                                                        and do not linger off
                                                                        be brave spirit
                                                                        do not desert

My back merges with the wall
I open my eyes, you greet me - “Don’t open your eyes, when you do I can read your mind.”
Your nose touches mine, your eyes are so black they can not be differentiated from the surrounding space
My teeth lock on to your face as I grab your arms and I fight for my life as any of you would
            our bodies fall against that which is sensuously caressed by the light of the moon
                                                                                    disturbing
                                                                        the intercourse between the two
            you and we manage to get to our feet ferociously lunging at throats
                                                                                    forgetting that we possess hands not claws
                                                                                    forgetting what we tread upon,
                                                                                    only knowing that we will devour the other
You shred our skin
as we breathe in
no
this is not a dream
            I bleed
                        I bleed

We ask for no rescue, deliverance or forgiveness
            not now. . .
                        maybe once but not now.
We return the blow breaking bone
            I could not breathe as you limped to me and grinned
            placing your hands on my shoulders I watched you lick your bloody teeth
                        I couldn’t let you seep in

I stepped back
You stepped forward
I stepped right
You stepped right
to any stranger we were dancing, to any except us.
                        you seemed not to mind the broken insides
                        there was no scream of pain as I had imagined
                        only the sight of one undeterred baring the grin I am familiar with
                        one that resounds
                        as you hold the laughter in
                                                I’ll win demon
                                                I’ll win.

Perhaps not my best work, but it got the job done at the time, and I needed to purge. This is how I release the blackness in me - I write. So there will be lots of writing here, lots of purging.
 And this is good; it's good that my soul is not empty, because it means it can be filled with light and love, just as it was filled with darkness and pain. You all are helping me carry pails of healing salve to my wounds. I hear your voices, they are whispering resonations of encouragement and they chime like the voices of priests and priestesses in the sanctuary of my being. So I keep sending thanks, as I listen to the sounds of your melodies.

Tomorrow, Chiming In. . .

5 comments:

  1. I liked it. I'm also thrilled to hear that you are a science fiction/horror girl just like me. That's not all I read, but I do love me some Stephen King. Have you watched any of the newish NBC show The Cape? It's on Monday nights at 9:00. It started out okay but the last few episodes have been fantastic. Super creepy and just plain good story telling. It's also on NBC on Demand if you have that. I'm afraid that not enough people are watching it and it may get cancelled. Since it's more comic book/science fiction. I think I'm going to do a post on my favorite shows. Fringe on Fox is another one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I haven't seen that show - but I have read his Dark Tower series! Have you read it? Awesome! and the movie will be out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to share my novel The Point with you - it's super gorey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read his Dark Tower series. I have tried several times but I just can't make sense of them at ALL. It's like there's at least two Stephen Kings and that's not even counting Richard Bachman. Most of his stuff I love. Then there are the books, Lisey's Story is a big one, that I just plain can't get into or even understand what the hell is supposed to be going on. I usually enjoy all of his short story and novella collections. I loved The Stand, The Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis, The Dead Zone, too many really to count. Maybe when the Dark Tower movies come out I'll go to the first one and see if it makes any sense to me. Have you read The Long Walk that he originally published under Richard Bachman? It is probably the most intense, creepy, gets into your head and won't let you go, book I ever read. The whole time I was reading it I felt like I was keeping time with the whole marching thing. Apt Pupil is another super creepy, intense, head screw book.
    Whew, I guess I should just go and do a post on Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! you really should do a post on Stephen King now. Dark Tower is super intricate - it is the one story he wrote that has mmost of all of his others stories crossing over including The Stand. It's pretty cool to read it and recognize the other stories in it. . .

    I don't know The Long Walk - i'll buy it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB