Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Right and Wrong

Yesterday we spoke about the difference between right and wrong - it was mentioned briefly. I knew, from a very young age, about right and wrong. I didn't have a name for it, but I knew that sometimes I did things that made my palms sweat and heart beat faster; sometimes I did things I wished I could take back, not because my mother would punish me - but because I knew inside that what I had done was inherently wrong for me. When I did something wrong, I felt that, somehow, I had faltered off my path of destiny. Somehow, I had missed an opportunity to be my best self. These are grandiose ideas, and most certainly, I could have never articulated them this way when I was four or five, but I did grasp the general concept. I did understand the difference between right and wrong, just as I had understood normality.

This will be brief, for, although there is gray area in discussing moral dilemmas, for the moment, I am only concerned with the un-obtuse - with the clear picture of rightness, justice, goodness; and the flip side, wrongness, injustice, badness.

A prime example of this was when I was attending High School and working at a music chain store. In walked this blue-eyed, blond-haired Adonis. He was wearing leather pants and a leather jacket with no shirt. Looking at him made my mouth water, so when he handed me his phone number after I helped him pick out a CD, I was floating on cloud nine.

We only got to speak when I babysat for my neighbor. He was able to call me there and I was able to call him from there. After a few days of this, he convinced me to cut class to see him. I agreed, I agreed despite the WRONGNESS I felt in my heart because I had feelings, feelings that were powerful. My cheeks would flush bright red, my breasts felt tender and wanted touching, and my privates would be silky moist when I spoke to him. Even though by brain's intention of seeing him was not necessarily to have sex - it was, in fact, what my body wanted.

I remember that day; I put on makeup, wore my best jeans and blouse, and the night before I shaved my crotch :) I cut in the middle of the school day with a friend. I told her what I planned to do and she shared some tips and tricks with me about pleasing men. After our chat, I hopped on a train and made a bee-line for the Adonis’s house.

On the train, my palms were sweating - I dismissed it as nervousness. My heart was racing, I explained it to myself - I was excited. My head felt light and woozy, I thought, "Maybe I didn't eat enough." If I was interested in what my spirit was saying about the situation I would have known that I was embarking on a journey to wrong-town.

When I got off the train and walked to his building I tried to think of something cool to say when he opened the door. I walked up the 2 flights to his door, and I put up my hand to knock. Before I knocked, I heard the CD playing that he bought from me, I heard him boing, and I heard what sounded like another woman's voice. I immediately turned around, went down the stairs, and called him from across the street.

He was furious. He wanted to know where I was, I told him I was across the street, and he started yelling at me from out the window. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed, I had no recourse but to hurry back to the train station and go home. When I got home, my neighbor told me he called her and cursed me out to her. He said I was nothing but a little girl - and he was right - I was. I was a little girl who decided to listen to her most base emotions - not those screaming at me to get laid, but the ones even deeper, even more primeval, those telling me that what I was about to do - was wrong.

Tomorrow, Enemy Of The State. . .

6 comments:

  1. youo've done the right thing! he's such a jerk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These events are all stepping stones in life. Some are steady, some wobble under your feet. It's a wise person who can tell the steady ones from the wobbly ones with just a glance, they have to be tested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but I felt bad at the time. Now I look back and think that only someone whose intentions were to use me and toss me out would act that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sweepingings Stepping stones that I've occassionally slipped off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say, everything happens for a reason. Dont ask me who 'they' are though haha.

    I say you had a lucky escape from him! I've pretty much just been through something which i knew was wrong all the way up until it slapped me in the face. I think everyone could do with listening to their senses a little more sometimes. Or i know i sure could anyways.

    Nice blog, very honestly written. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kim - thanks - I am trying to be very honest. It's not hard being honest about myself, it's hard about being honest about people I love though - I dont want others to think poorly of them, but so far, so good I think.

    And thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB