Saturday, April 9, 2011

Detour: All Alone

I promised still pointy, however I have chosen to pose this question instead: when you're on vacation, what is the longest acceptable time apart from your significant other?

I never believed on being attached at the hip, but when is it time to become concerned. My blogging friend Rosaria sort of posed this question in a series of posts labeled as excerpts from her 'Unnamed Madonnas' novel. The main character's husband suddenly disappears from a square where he and she shared coffee with other tourists taking in the sights of Venice. By the end, he resurfaces; now, are you grateful he returned or angry that he left?

Tomorrow, Feeling Lucky. . .

9 comments:

  1. For me it would be an extremly passionate mixture of
    BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longest I stayed away from my husband was seven months. Although some women from India, who live here, go away every couple of years to India to visit their parents and stay there for atleast two months if not more. I do not believe in that but my cousins say that that increases the fondness for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @susan, I hate it when I don't know where my hubby is

    @jessica, I like spending time with my hubby :-)

    @munir 7 months! Really why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband had moved to America from England and I had a baby. It took about seven months for the immigration office to give me the viss to come to America. Those seven months were very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really sucks munir, I think I would have cried everyday for 7 months

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, a very hard question!
    In my real life,as apart from my fictional characters, I can't sleep at all if my husband is gone. So, we try not to be apart at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t really imagine spending any longer than 6 months away from a committed relationship but like Munir said...it does happen. There is a big South African communality over here & they sometimes go a year without seeing their over half. Must be so hard, i know i wouldn’t be able to cope with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rosaria - I totally understand

    @Kim - I hope you never have to know the feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB