Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Forget About The Past

I want to move on and forget about the past, but I also want to retain the lessons I learned from the past. It's like having selective memory - all of the worst images from my past disappear while I remember what to do if the situation ever arises again; it would be perfection. It reminds me of Donnie Darko and the scene where Donnie and his new girlfriend are explaining a fictional invention for class where they feed babies only positive images via a virtual reality headset so that later in life the children can use the positive images to replace the bad negative ones in their heads - like being abused.

If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest you watch it, here's one video montage in the movie:



Tomorrow, Even Pointier (I Promise). . .

3 comments:

  1. Love this movie. It's so depressing but sort of inspiring: if Donnie could be that selfless and in love, so can I! giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, this movie is totally awesome, from the soundtrack to the era in time it captures to the dialouge to the casting - I could go on, but I won't - I mean seriously, Patrick Swayze as a pediphille! The acting was too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen it but this is like the fourth time in probably the last ten days that someone has either referred to it or told me I should see it. Hmmm, I think the Powers-that-be want me to watch Donnie Darko. I'll have to see if it's On Demand.

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB