Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finding Balance

Finding balance is hard for me; sometimes I feel a bit manic, wanting to either work super hard even through weekends, or wanting to crash for eternity and just lay back and let life happen. I have tried to make myself be more balanced, what helps me are schedules for everything - from cleaning the oven and refrigerator to going to the doctor, otherwise things would just be a mess and other things wouldn't get done at all. That's not to say that I never veer from my schedule, but it's a good guide and I feel guilty when I don't do something.

I tried yoga for added balance too, literally and figuratively - but it never stuck for me, I like moving when I'm exercising. Walk in the park and painting help me mellow out well though. My mind feels free and my spirit can breathe during these jaunts into a zen state.

How do you find balance.

Tomorrow, Getting Away. . .

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you're in the middle of life and everything wants your attention. Take care of yourself, and not the oven! I look back at how I fussed over having great schedules and organization and I had not made time for me to unwind, to rebalance.

    If I had to do it over again, I'd put more time off, for sure, for anything else besides work and work. Time off and exercise, dancing, painting, anything that distracted and took me somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know if I've found balance so much as contentment, at least right now. And I just got there by letting go of just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rosaria, I think I've actually had loads of time off, but unfortunately it was usually related to some illness or something else tragic. Relaxation does come eay to me though.

    @C Lo, letting go of everything is scary - how do you pick it back up?

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB