Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meet Me At The Met

My favorite thing to do in the summer is visit the museum, albeit I don't do it very often. Here are some exhibits I like to visit:

Modern Art, particularly Jackson Pollock


I see a whole world in those splatters of paint. People, animals and movement.


I love Monet

Water Lilies is beautiful, I like getting up close to it and seeing the like blotchy looking paint and then backing away to reveal the picture that was seemingly lost.



His student, Manet
gives emotions that transcend time


I love the symmetry and geometry of Muslim art


The Knight's Armor gives me visions of great feasts and death defying jousts



. . .and who could resist a well-appointed Victorian room?



Breathtaking


Tomorrow, Montage. . .

8 comments:

  1. I visited NY two years ago, (with Hubby). We took a taxi to the Met so that we'd be fresh and up to the challenge of all that walking. It was marvelous and big, too big to do justice to it in the couple of hours we spent there. We ended up strolling in Central Park for the rest of the day, loving how nannies and childen and lovers all mingle and loiter at a gentle pace.

    You brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rosaria, I think it's a beautiful place :) And Central Park is nice but there are other more beautiful parks in the city. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were only there a couple of days. I believe we ended up in Bryant's Park too. Is that the one by the college, with flowers and attendants in the restroom, and books and people reading and sunning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure, Bryant park is not too dar from Baruch. Then Washington Square park is in the center of NYU, then there are several private parks but the one to visit is fort Tryon park. There's also a private park in central park on the east side near 113th st with a French and English garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Metropolitan Museum of art is one place where my kids will take visitors from our friends and family. Just a train ride away and the ride is beeautiful as well, as the train goes beside the Hudson River and large mountains.
    Monet is awesome. I did not know about Manet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JJ, Degas, hmm - melting clocks :) surrealism just isn't my thing - I liked his balerina paintings though.

    @Munir, what a great place it is to take friends and family to. I always feel like I'm sharing a great secret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the victorian room! Monet is definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB