Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feed Me Your Soul

SACRIFICIAL LAMB ; My Innocence

Sometimes I let the liquid spill over my lip on purpose
it runs over and under
to my chin,
                   until I wipe it away
                             as I imagine
                             as I play
                   My hands don’t do much good
                             to hold the cup near my face
                             because they tremble in fear
                             as my eyes stare,
                             they stare at that place.

My head does not tilt,            
                   as one would to gulp the last
My tongue does not taste as would yours
                   instead it shrivels back rejecting...
                             rejecting the ghoulish wine
                             mine has brung to me


Sometimes I let the blood flow,
                                      on purpose down my lip
                                      one single drip
                                      as I remove the cup from my mouth
         My eyes still fixated on the growing grotesque evil
        
         My mind still warped by its intelligible crys of righteousness
         My limbs still frozen as if in a timeless frame
         BY THE FACE OF MY FATHER I’VE FORGOTTEN MY        NAME
                   My eyes still fixated in that stare
                   My mouth sticky with the sacrifice
                   My soul to blame for the murder
                   in longing and in acts
          ...but I hate this
           as if I hate this
           so I lunge at the BASTARD
                   The fear within swelling to a grin
                             as I thrust my minds I towards death’s  groom
         
          ... How could I live without her,
          her sweet svelte petals
          her tame merciful core
          her great securing love...

I meet him with sharp unadulterated pain unleashed
he stumbles
beneath
me
he watches for my next attack
blow for blow he counters me
We can’t hide
living in the same mind

so we try
                   to rip one another out
                   to toss aside
                   like the giblet of a chicken
                   but neither can win
                   there will be no winner

He brandishes a dark cloak and exits wearing its frame
          to camouflage into the vast emptiness of my mind
          until we meet again....
                                          ............, 




Copywright 1994 Nov. 8

6 comments:

  1. There is so much here, more than a poem, a three acts tragedy still going on in that mind. Wow!
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It left me speechless for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosaria, now I'm the one that's speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first stanze looks like a person's profile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had anything brilliant to say about this. In all honesty, poetry is one of the easiest ways to make me shut up. I never know how to respond to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries JAL, you just being here is enough :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB