Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting Away

I love vacation. Vacation is my time to explore the world and take time to relax. I always try to schedule at least 3 things to do and then I let myself be free to goof around the rest of the time I'm away. My favorite things to do on vacation:

Visit a museum or landmark
Go have a good meal at the best restaurant in town
Walk around like a local

The funniest thing I ever did on vacation is learn to surf. My husband and I took a surfing lesson in Barbados a few years ago and the surf instructor looked super frustrated. Neither one of us ever was able to stand up on the board and I was so worried about the bottom half of my bikini coming off that I wouldn't let them go. That was just disastrous.

The coolest thing I ever did on vacation, indoor sky diving in Vegas. They warn you about how to roll off the air blowing you up safely and to give a thumbs up when you roll off to signal that you're okay - I didn't do that right away and the instructors rushed over to me -  felt so embarrassed :)

My next vacation was supposed to be in Australia but it's still recovering from some natural disasters so Paris or Budapest it is - already wishing you were here. . .

Love,

Normal To EatPB

Tomorrow, How Do they Think of These Things?. . .

4 comments:

  1. you've made me really look forward to my holiday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to plan ahead.
    I heard that councilors advise students to plan a vacation at the end of the year and the hope of a vaction actually helpss them work to their capacity.
    We may be going to visit our son in Hawaii, hopefully in July.
    So have a good time when ever you are planning to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim, I hope you have a super vacation - I think you said you were going to Trinidad (or Tabogo) any way - make sure you get a pepper double, they're delicious and they clear out your sinuses. if anyone offers you mountain dew say no thank you - it's there version of moonshine.

    @Munir, vacation is a must for students. When I went to NYU so many kids were burned out half way through the semester we had a lot of suicides :( I hope you enjoy your time with your son.

    @Rosaria - I know, I'm super belssed :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB