Thursday, April 28, 2011

News From Beyond

I was up late (5am) doing volunteer work for my friend who is becoming an apostle in adition to being a pastor and MDiv (masters in divintiy) holder, so please forgive this late post.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about promises I've made to people. I am a promise keeper (this is a reference to a Simpsons episode), I like to keep my word - to me it's part of being a good person. The problem is, I made a promise when I was 20 to my ex-boyfriend that a) I don't want to keep (at least not the way I am supposed to do it) and b) I don't know if I can keep.

If you are an avid reader of my blog, then you know that I believe in an after life of sorts which entails us all changing into energy. The point is, I was asked to, if I should die first, contact him and let him know what it's like being dead. I thought this was a strange request, but I was in love and vowed to contact him. Only now, if I could contact him and wanted to waste my afterlife time doing it, I would want to haunt him. You know, like slam cabinet doors and rearrange furniture - something that scares the poop out of him :)

I think I'll email him tomorrow and tell him I will not be keeping that promise :)

The second half of the equation is that he promised to do the same for me - now, quite frankly, if it is possible for the dead to speak to the living from beyond, I would prefer they put me on the 'Do Not Call' list. I promise I won't conduct any seances and I want them to stay the heck away from me because although I love horror movies, real life scary things totally scare the poop out of me :)

It's all too droll isn't it ;)

Tomorrow, No Sleep, No Problem!. . .

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are always so interesting.
    About dead comimg back, I had told my kids that if I don't get to write what is going on in my head, and die, they will see a pair of glasses by my PC and here faint typing noises. I was of course kidding. Anyway that will not happen because I am making my thoughts( I mean voice) get heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Munir, thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB