Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sushi And Me

Yesterday I was enjoying a wonderful crunchy spicy tuna roll and crunchy spicy salmon roll for lunch for the 4th time in four days when I thought to myself, 'This has got to be the best meal I've eaten.' Then I thought, 'That can't possibly be true.' Which started me reminiscing about some of my best food experiences.

In Barbados a few years ago, my husband and I went to a restaurant and sat on the beach eating conch and lobster while we dug our toes into the warm sand and stared out at the crystal clear blue water lapping at the shore only a few feet away.

Thanksgivings spent with my family are always memorable; the laughter, the stories, the food, and making new memories.

Eating a meal at a place where the food is delicious, the service impeccable and the ambiance soul satisfying makes my meals at Per Se and Bouley worth remembering.

My first home cooked Greek meal provided by my ex'es mother was devine and opened my palate up to new taste adventures.

My first attempt to make matza ball soup for my husband was a lesson in food disasters, but he ate my small rubbery balls with a smile.

There are more, but too numerous to share - maybe another time :).

Tomorrow, Meet Me At The Met. . .

6 comments:

  1. Ah, food memories are wonderful! Matzo balls are not easy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosaria, I suck at making matza balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried vegetarian Sushi? I heard it is nice. I will attempt making it when my son comes home. Also, never tried Matza ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah i love food & all the memories that come along with it! I think food can be a bit like music, as soon as you smell it it brings something rushing back just like hearing a song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMmmmm, foood. I have a friend who is Greek and I just love everything she cooks. And sometimes I think American sushi is better than Japanese sushi, so much more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Munir, I've had california rolls but I don't like them as much.

    @Kim, you are so right! There are some smells that take me back to when I was five :)

    @Kappa, Greek food used to be such a mystery to me, but now I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB