Monday, March 14, 2011

Give Me The Sun And The Moon

Give me the Sun
give me the light
the precious beams, filled with life
the growth
the warmth
the joy and bees and roses
give me the lazy days
and sandy beaches
give me what i crave
ice cream and perfumes and shopping and playing
and kisses under weeping willows
give me feeling like a super star
closed eyes - watching my pink lids illuminated
give me the Sun

Give me the Moon
give me the ebb of tides
dancing in the rain by moonlight
feeling giddy and drunk on wine
give me making love on crisp linens - you and i under the perfect white cool sheet
give me the howls of wolves and siren dog barks
feeling like a goddess on a balcony in Athens looking over the Acropolis and thinking of you
staring at it in its fullness and feeling wild and free
give me the man in the moon, the one who's kissed me in my dreams
give me a good cry by the window having moonbeams comfort me
the salty sea air
the twinkly stars
the desert road trips
give me the Moon

Give me the Sun and the Moon

. . . .not really a poem, more of an ode to the celestial bodies that I have looked to in times of joy and sorrow - sort of inspired by my post Starry, Starry Night. I feel a new awakening of creativity - a renaissance of sorts and I am glad to have this outlet, even if it serves only me or my eyes were the only ones to ever grace these posts.

Tomorrow, Remembering An Angel. . .

6 comments:

  1. You're on a crescent of creativity. Hold on tight, and ride it out. This is what joy is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's a poem but I really liked it. It gave me all kinds of lovely images and isn't that what true poetry does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Susan, i just wrote the visions i had when i thought of the sun and thed moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. Very much. Poem, Ode..whatever, it is beautiful. Actually I've been hanging out here catching up on some previous posts. You are very creative (Like: Can You Handle This). I will be back!
    Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanon, thank you so much for the compliment and the visit - be careful, there's lots here to read :) some of it is dangerous. . .

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB