Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Unexpected

This post is mostly for me - a record of this time, of what's going on with me and my body - as such, I suggest any sensitive men types stay away for today.

I feel strange, I haven't had a period since December and now I am worried. My surgery went well to release my uterus from my large intestines and remove the degenerating fibroids. I had little bleeding from anywhere since then and my pain varies, although it is not as bad as it was before the surgery. So now what? This is unexpected, I feel like I'm missing my womanhood. I feel incomplete. I feel incompetent. I feel. . .

I want to move on from this; from worrying about my womanly problems. I don't want to think of what it all means, and how it all started (aka Normal To EatPB and Recipe For A Baby). I am lost. The doctor said it may take a few months for things to get back to normal, but it's going on four months and now I am worried. What if this whole thing triggered an early menopause? What if something else is wrong? I have no answers. I can't get any answers; only one word: wait. So I wait, and I am scared, because there are no answers.

Tomorrow, Poetry Corner. . .

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear one, call your doctor and go talk to him/her. Did they say this is normal, not to have a period at your age? How about hormone replacement? I'm just worried for you and if you are not feeling well, you need to get some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will call tomorrow, but they said it should take a couple a of months before things are normal again - waiting sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check with your doctor. Mean while get rest. Also plan something nice for your self for when you are a hundred percent better. It will motivate you to call your doctor and listen to his/her advice. Looking forward to something nice often helps people to deal with the existing problems. Waiting definately is hard. I understand. How about going through family pictures, memoirs etc. Also let your loved ones know that you have to vent, and ask them to understand. They will. Venting is good, it helps a lot. Also if they listen to you today they will have you to talk to in time of their need. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the concern Munir. I'm calling manana :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything is back to normal soon. Sometimes just the stress brought on by worry knocks things out of whack. All my best wishes and thoughts are being sent your way. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone, call the doctor and insist on seeing him asap. If he (or she) can't tell you what's going on to your satisfaction you might need to go to someone else.
    You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe that by the time I called today the doctor was gone! sucks!

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB