Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Have No Pretty Pictures For You, Are You Disappointed?

I have noticed a trend, most popular blogs have pictures in just about every post. They have ads, they have all of this blog margin-bling, they 'pimp' other blogs; meanwhile, here at Normal To Eat PB, all you will find are words and a couple of lists with more words.

I want to give; I want to nourish, in fact. So, I wonder, are my words enough? Are my words too much? Are they like Melba toast without topping or accompanying drink or do they fatten like baby back ribs? Do they leave you wanting more like potato chips or do you walk away feeling gorged on cookies? Are they like vitamins? Are they tasteless, bland, grey? Do you take them in because they are here for the taking or because there is something you get from them, some flavor, some satisfaction; a trigger for thoughts, memories, loves?

Perhaps, in them, you read little snippets of the mundane, and it makes you feel comfortable. Or perhaps, here, you read little tatters of pain, and it makes you feel superior - happier. Perhaps, these words don't matter and don't apply to the general population - no one is interested really, and in fact, it is not the words that draw you here, but me. Because I've been honest, and maybe my truth is of no consequence to you, but the transparency of my vibrant and defiant spirit is.

I could make you comfortable; break up all these letters with visual interest - allowing you to catch your breath for a moment. But I like to bat you around like a cat with a mouse and introduce you to my horrors and loves; introduce you to my nightmares and lovers; introduce you to my strengths and weaknesses; introduce you to my dark and light. I like to watch you sweat and twitch and stumble - I'm nervous too and I don’t want to feel alone. I like to think that somewhere and in some way, I am seeping in, although I don't know what impact I may have.

I could show you pirouettes and pliates and breasts and legs; I could take you by the hand and treat you like my poor little baby:

Poor little baby
            Poor little baby with her eyes sewn shut, I’d hold you if I could
            and show you the seven wonders of the world and show you the wonders of the world.
I could take you and use you up poor little baby with your eyes sewn shut.
            Honey, sugar, sweetheart listen I can teach you much. I can show you how to touch and feel
            with me you’d understand and then you would understand.
I could take you and hold you down poor little baby with your heart worn out.
            lovely, innocent, fleshy creature I can fill you with joy. I can make you smile again because I am the one, the only one, I am the one I am.
I could take you and smack you around poor little baby that luckily I found.
            I’ll hold your hand and kiss your lips. I can make you want more, I know what you like, see I know more than you think. You can’t hurt me I’m invincible
I could take you and screw your mind poor little baby with your hands tied tight.

                                                            I hate/love you more than you know
                                                            because in my mind I know you know
                                                            and I’ve seen the tears that you’ve cried
Poor little baby shut your eyes.


I could make you trust me even as I show you, with all of this prose and poetry, maddening images of self-loathing disgust. I could bring you down here, with me. and we could ride out these sentences into oblivion, because the only queendom I will ever have is that of written - and that I've written - and I rule with 'ENTER' and 'DEL'. I knight with 'ALT' and 'CTRL', and you, for this short time, for these few minutes a day, are my subjects and I am yours.

No, there are no pretty pictures here, are you disappointed?

Tomorrow, Eat Me, Drink Me. . .

12 comments:

  1. You're on a roll, a ranting roll, on stage and lighting up the corner where you have the principal role.

    Remember, though, your audience may not play along. They just want to be entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    I had to decide a while back how to present the many sides of me. So, I created new blogs for each interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are correct, they do just want to be entertained but I docnt have the strength to keep that in mind and I certainly do not have the time to upkeep several different blogs for my different moods so I hope people like pot luck Rosaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think of it as, "it's you blog,do it how you want" I have pictures all the time on my blog, but that's because i'm a visual person and I like the pictures. It doesn't stop me from reading your blog because you don't... just keep doing what makes you happy. We will all jump on for the ride.

    AmberLaShell Rants
    AmberLaShell's Naughty Nights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amber - I really do wonder if all these words hurts the eyes :) BTW did you like this post, it was a rant - hope I did you proud

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I hardly ever have pictures. I used to wonder if I would have more interest in my blog if I made it more bright and colorful, (and didn't write SO much to read) but then I realized that it wouldn't be me. So now I'm really proud of the fact that the people who do read my blog do so because they like what I have to say and not just because it's PRETTY. Would I like to have a bigger audience? Of course, who wouldn't but I'll take what I have and be happy for a few loyal friends who like my style. I think it's just that way for you too. Better to be yourself and have a smaller following than to do what draws in the crowds and lose yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that you are right Susan, I guess I'm just feeling a little useless right now. BTW, I have 2 doctors appts coming up to address my womanly issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I realized my comment made no sense. surprisingly*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea, I read ur first comment JJ and was like, 'what?' :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, sorry I've been lacking in my responses to your blog. I've been very busy and very tired, so I haven't had the energy to keep up with all of my blogging buddies like I used to.

    Secondly, if you look back at all of my older posts, they are just huge blocks of words without pictures. I didn't start adding pictures until later. The only reason that I did is because I figured that people might like to have the word blocks broken up a little bit. Plus, in all honesty, it ups the views of your blog. When people go to google looking for images, they find them on your blog and accidently stumble upon it. So, I'm a cheater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visit JAL, I dont mind that you cant stop by as often. I never thought about pics adding to seach engine hits, hmm, maybe my blog should be all pics from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB