Monday, March 28, 2011

Poetry Corner

Away (3/2/07)
fleeting scenes fly by - pinpoint photos in time
they inspire me
the way you do
to come to you
live in to your rhythm and flow
completely let go
and all i have to risk
is everything
and all i want to give
is everything
so come to me as i whisper your name
come to me
as i take you in


Wind (3/10/95)
the wind is blowing in my ears whispering harsh words to me that sting
and the moon only offers half-light
but the sky is clear
that is all i came to see tonight,
the heaven's above my soul

i stand as a mountaintop above the world, below the heavens
looking up, trying to catch a glimpse of God
maybe even searching for my humanity
and i dare not blink and miss my mystic guide
for i have so many questions
and i want to put an end to my grief
this aching, longing, pain i've had since birth
and perhaps if i met my creator, while still on this earth, i could understand and move on, maybe i could lead the life he'd want me to live.

So i raise my hands to him in praise and prayer
asking him to relieve me
and i notice how the moon pales my skin, covering my form
and how i seem to bridge the gap between heaven and earth
how majestic and exhilarating
Now i realize that God surrounds me, high on mountain tops or amid my brethren, amid fog or stars, sun or moon

The wind stings my face as i stand on this mountain top and my garment is now a tattered rag blowing and conforming to the gusts. My hands still toward God, my thoughts still in prayer, knowing i will never be at peace until peace be with me
living as He has chosen for me
. . .not under the half light of the moon in search of what i know to be true
but being in truth

from the mouth of God
to my soul


WHO SURVIVES?

who survives

when you feel his hand reaching for you , groping you
and all he wants to do is hurt you for his warped purpose , . . . to have a sense of manhood , of being alive and dangerous

then, who survives

who     survives
who survives. who      survives! who survives!! WHO SURVIVES!!! who survives this madness, this insanity, this cruel vile thing?
who survives?
and afterwards
on Earth
everything I touch turns to dirt

To live to die
I still do not survive

and      living
all i m
is anger and rage and pain
and fear,
it will happen again
and again and again and again and again and again. . .

and fear of being a perpetrator or instigator or accessory to that deed
prevents me
to give life so that i may not take it

so i m no survivor
i m no phoenix who can rise from her ashes and start again

no, i m a carpenter building on shallow ruins of what was mine
and once in a while my edifice crumbles and the visage i wear cracks
my façade has ended
i must start again

who survives dear God? who survives

Tomorrow, Can't Breathe. . .

6 comments:

  1. Good Stuff! I probably am going to be blogging less than I have been because of the extra time I'm spending sewing. I'll be doing a post about my friend's new online store featuring MY dresses as soon as it's fully up and running. So if I don't comment for a time or two, please don't worry that I've lost interest (trust me I won't) It's just being extra busy working on my little "works of wearable art". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thanks for being such a great supporter of mine! If I had little girls I would buy your dresses but I dont and as you may know I am not in contact with my nieces anymore :( I wish you success

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are strong statements!
    The last one, is a heart wrencher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know - i havent read the whole thing in a while that first line makes me stop. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Munir, I am not the biggest fan of these poems but I do like the imagery.

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB