Saturday, March 19, 2011

After Life?

Before I start this post I wanna be all ghetto and give a shout out to the countries where my traffic comes from:

US - my home country, gotta love it
Germany - only ever been in your airports - the people in the Frankfort airport were nicer than Munich
Canada - never been, but I hear good things about you
UK - Many of my friends come from or reside here, so I send my love
Ukraine - I always think of that movie Hostel when I see you, please comment and give me a new perspective
New Zealand - Kiwis are pretty funny
Australia - Aussies are pretty hot
Hungary - Regal in nature
Vietnam - Mysteries to me
Philippines - Love your food!
Pakistan - Not sure what to think but what a political climate
India - Outsource heaven
Denmark - What is there in Denmark, someone please enlighten me
Indonesia - Heard you could vacation like a queen here
Iran - Please forgive me, but I always think of Osama Bin Laden
Italy - Loved Florence! and the people were so sweet!
Jamaica - Loved Jamaica, but it felt dangerous at times
Barbados - Sorry, but super boring - been there done that
The Netherlands - Ummmm, ice?
Russia - The accents are intriguing and it's where my husband’s people come from
Slovenia - My brother loves you guys so you can't be that bad :)
Brazil - I've heard wild stories - you should be on 'Countries Gone Wild'
Japan - Praying for you with all my might
Korea - Worried for you
China - May visit you next year
Spain - May visit you this year - Barcelona here I come!
Portugal - Spain's quiet cousin
                                     
One more shout out: Thank you Simple Simon Says for listing me (Rosaria, he listed you too - hugs everyone)

So I was watching that movie Hereafter, and I began to think about what happens to us after we die. It's never been a thought for me before because I grew up Christian, and most Christians believe you go to Heaven when you die. I never really questioned that, even when I got older, even through my doubts, and then at some point I just didn't care about where I went to after I died anyway. But after watching that movie, I really examined my feelings on the subject. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I like having contingency plans - or in this case contingency thoughts. What if there is no heaven to go to after we die; what can I believe in instead? Pretty silly, huh? I mean, since I'll be dead, it really doesn't matter now does it? Anyone who knows me really well also knows that there is a scientific mind packed away in here somewhere, so this is what I've come up with: In physics we learn that matter is neither created nor destroyed, and it has been scientifically proven that when we die we automatically lose weight - a few grams. Does this loss of grams represent our souls leaving our bodies, I don't know, but I do know empirically that matter is neither created nor destroyed. So my contingency thought is that the energy, that made us uniquely who we are (you may call that a soul, personality, what have you) , goes into space - unbound by gravity, and it drifts, maybe running into other energies as it travels. And there is the imprint of memories on this energy, but no feeling, only weightlessness and a sense of vastness.

What do you think?

Tomorrow, Bees Sting. . .

4 comments:

  1. I used to believe in Heaven and Hell and an afterlife that became the hand of justice. Now, I believe that what we do does follow us, in the way we treat each other, the way we love each other. What memories we leave are directly related to how we touched others. Not how we were loved, or how happy we were, but how we loved others, the good we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was saying something similar to my husband Rosaria :) but still, the physicality of it all, hmm. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll probably cold.... very cold!
    Maybe..... Ummmm, ice cold?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. TvZ, thans from dropping by with your cool self :)

    ReplyDelete

All written materials encompassing the entirety of this blog (Normal To EatPB), are the expressed written property of the author NormalToEatPB and are not to be used in any publication of any type without the author’s permission. Anyone not adhering to this warning will face litigation. This warning does not apply to links to this blog. © NormalToEatPB